Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Best Brownie Recipe - Seriously


If there's one thing you should absolutely know about me, it's that I love brownies. There's nothing better than their chocolately, sweet, soft, gooeyness. I can easily eat a whole pan myself, although I generally try to give most of them away before I do that. In college, I always had a box of brownie mix in the dorm room or apartment so I could whip up a box when I felt the craving. As I got more into baking, though, I tried to wean myself from my dependency on the box. So, I tried a bunch of 'delicious' brownie recipes, which ended up cakey, dry, crumbly, gross. Seriously, if I wanted cake, I would make CAKE! When I want a brownie, I want gooey! The love-hate relationship with the box continued, until one fateful day in med school when a fellow baker-friend introduced me to her brownie recipe, and quite honestly, life has not been the same since. So, I can't take credit from her, but I can spread the tasty news: This recipe makes the PERFECT brownie. The chocolate glaze adds a certain pizazz, but it is by no means necessary (and if you're like me, you can't wait for that once you start to smell delicious brownies cooking in your oven). Enjoy!!

All the ingredients you need (plus baking powder and salt):


Ooey gooey good.
Although you can put the batter into a 9x9 or 9x13 pan, I think an 8x11 works the best.
Ingredients and recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment