Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Indian Lime Soda



When my husband and I went on our 'mini' honeymoon to Toronto in the Fall, we found this delicious vegetarian/vegan Indian restaurant. We liked their food so much, we actually went back there again for another meal during our trip. I especially loved their Lime Soda, which was sweet but not overly sweet and full of Indian Spices. It was delicious, and I think I've come up with a close approximation. If you don't mind spices in your drink, it's certainly delicious - and a healthier alternative to classic overly sugary soda. Let me know what you think!

Indian Lime Soda
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1-2 Tablespoons agave nectar (or 1-2 teaspoons regular old sugar)
1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala (we make our own, but you can find this easily at the grocery store or Indian grocery)
for every cup (approximately) of sparkling water

1.) Pour all into a glass. Stir. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment