Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Caribbean Rum Punch

This past weekend I had the fortune of traveling to Canada to attend a good friend's fabulous wedding. Since both he and his new wife are from the Caribbean, the food and music reflected this - to all the guests delight! The meal was especially delicious, but I was personally wowed by the rum punch served during cocktail hour. I subsequently learned that the groom's parents had made it! Let's just say that the punch was such a crowd pleaser that there was literally one in all the guests' hands and only a few lucky guests got seconds. I especially loved the 'recipe' description I received from the groom. He said that since everyone loves the rum punch (and therefore generally overindulges), the recipe has to be very easy to remember, or else they'll soon forget it after drinking too much. (I made sure this wouldn't happen to me by writing the recipe down in lipgloss on my name card...). So, here it goes:

Caribbean Rum Punch
Courtesy of Dr. Simon

1 of sour
2 of sweet
3 of strong
4 of weak

(sour = lemon / lime juice; sweet = simple sugar; strong = rum!; weak = juice (generally orange & pineapple)).

No comments:

Post a Comment