Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies


Ok, I'll be honest, for a long time I didn't understand the concept of a blondie (the lighter version of a brownie). I guess I associated them with "bar cookies" which I mean, why mess with the perfection that is a chocolate chip cookie? So, I didn't really get it... But then, I was surfing on FoodGawker and saw the most delicious picture of a blondie - with peanut butter! Now, a peanut butter brownie/blondie is just something totally different and beautiful. So, I gave it a try. The first recipe was too cakey (yuck), so I cut the number of eggs and settled on this recipe by Bake At 350. It's magical. Seriously. I'm not saying it's going to replace my favorite brownies because it can't (nothing can), but it's a nice side-kick for sure. The moist chewy consistency is great, and the peanut butter is just wow. Delish. You should definitely whip up your own batch today!

Peanut Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
Adapted from Bake at 350 and originally created in the King Arthur Flour's Cookie Companion

6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (I used 'Better 'N' Peanut Butter, which I loooove)
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3.) With a hand mixer (preferably), cream the butter and peanut butter. Add in the sugar and continue to mix until combined.
4.) Add in the eggs one at a time. Then, stir in the vanilla.
5.) Stir in the flour mixture. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
6.) Butter an 11 x 8 (or 8x8 or 9x13 depending on how thick you want these to be). Spread the batter evenly in the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick (or knife) inserted in the center comes out clean.
7.) Cool completely before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment